UK week ending 5 August 2022
Video and notes by Dr. John Campbell
799 deaths involving COVID-19 registered (6.5%)
– Down from 923 in the previous week (7.3%)
– (First decrease following six weeks of increases)
– Lag of three weeks between infection and dying as a result of infection
– Total number of deaths registered in the UK, W/E 5 August 2022: 12,126
– 13.9% above the five-year average: (1,480 excess deaths) (Source: ons.gov.uk)
Up to January 2022: 15 deaths registered in England and Wales
– 10 of these deaths have ICD-10 U12.9 as the underlying cause.
– no deaths registered under the age of 35. (Source: gov.uk)
– ADR to the Yellow Card Scheme
COVID-19 mRNA Pfizer- BioNTech vaccine analysis print
– 9th December 2020 to 20th April 2022 (Source: gov.uk)
– Total reactions for the drug, 488,232
– Total reports, 169,660 (172,476)
– Total fatal outcome reports, 747
COVID-19 vaccine AstraZeneca analysis print –
– 4th January 2021 to 27th July 2022 (Source: gov.uk)
– Total reactions for the drug, 871,710
– Total reports, 245,996
– Total fatal outcome reports, 1,297
COVID-19 Moderna Vaccine Analysis Print
– Up to 27th July 2022 (Source: gov.uk)
– Total reactions for the drug, 133,392
– Total reports, 40,270
– Total fatal outcome reports, 65
–> 488,232 + 871,710 + 133,392 = 1, 493,334
–> 747 + 1,297 + 65 = 2,109
Covid vax, yellow card summary (Source: gov.uk)
– Yellow card, coincidental temporal correlations
– May indicate over reporting,
– That is ADR numbers are actually lower, less than 2,109 (Source: gov.uk)
- A report of a suspected ADR to the Yellow Card scheme does not necessarily mean that it was caused by the vaccine, only that the reporter has a suspicion it may have.
- Underlying or previously undiagnosed illness unrelated to vaccination can also be factors in such reports.
- The relative number and nature of reports should therefore not be used to compare the safety of the different vaccines.
– Yellow card under reporting
– May indicate under reporting,
– That is ADR numbers are actually higher, more than 2,109
– Yellow Card: please help to reverse the decline in reporting of suspected adverse drug reactions
– Monitoring drug safety: is the Yellow Card Scheme struggling?